Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Watermelons and Other Random Things

Beautiful sunset. I don't have the best camera but I thought this pretty good. I heart sunsets.






I was poking around in the garden yesterday and found a watermelon about the size of a football. I can't wait to pick it but I think it still has a long time from now. I also saw 2 other smaller melons. My girls are going to be so surprise to find them.


My biggest scallop squash so far. The picture doesn't do it justice but it's probably close to 10" in diameter. I should have left to see how big it could grow.



I have seen these bugs all throughout the year and I thought they were ladybugs. Apparently, not! It turns out they are really spotted and striped cucumber beetles. They have been reeking havoc in my garden and I thought they the "good" bugs. I thought ladybugs are suppose to come in all colors. http://www.ladybuglady.com/stripes.htm



Photos courtesy of:

I made this trellis out of drift wood from the Arkansas River. I am going to plant some honeysuckle when I get around to it. One of my favorite summer smells. Nothing like a drive down a country road with the windows rolled down and the faint scent of honeysuckle.


A perfect sunflower. The bugs have not gotten to it, yet.

1 comment:

  1. Stumbled across your blog while 'blog surfing'. Beautiful, colorful pics & song.

    ReplyDelete