Friday, November 6, 2009

Fall Clean Up and Garden

I got some free plants from a local discount store and decided to go ahead with the fall garden. First, I had to do some major clean up. I cleaned out the dead sunflower plants, tomatoes, gourds, and marigolds. There were still tons of cherry tomatoes left unfortunately, most of them had already fallen onto the ground. I'll probably have a million tomatoe seedlings come up next Spring.

At first, I planted mustard greens, collard greens, green peppers, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts. The green peppers died when frost came so I moved it and planted some other things from seed. I planted radishes, carrots, lettuce, and cilantro. I checked on the it today and the radishes have already come up. Hopefully, the other plants will follow through. I moved the herbs from the 8'x8' to the flower garden after I removed the sunflowers. The plants are doing well even though I have not protected them from the frost. Building a frost protector will be the next project.

















No comments:

Post a Comment