Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fall Garden Update



My garden is doing really well despite the blast of cold weather in the past week. We had really nice mild fall weather for about 3 weeks straight then this week it's back to cold and frost. I have not covered my garden yet and it's still doing well. The frost hit really hard last night and I thought it was a goner but the plants managed to bounce back. I'm still trying to figure out the best design for my 8'x8' garden. I have the plastic but need to build the frame. Here's a picture of the garden on one of those nice fall days.

The mustard greens are so yummy. We usually eat it with a Lao chicken salad dish. Very nice minty and peppery taste. It seems like the plants that I started from seed are coming up way faster than during the spring. Hopefully, everything will be well established before the hard freezes hits in December. You can see the radishes on the top part of the second picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment