Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Brick patio

The patio in our backyard is pretty tiny. We wanted to expand the patio for a long time but was waiting for the right time. During the summer, we picked up some free brick from a construction site. I spent a lot of time researching online and home improvement books on the right way to lay down the bricks for the patio. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of all the steps but you can find it online from any home improvement site. Lowe's and youtube has some pretty good videos on how to do it.
I love the way it looks. It was back breaking and a very slow process. I just wished that it could somehow blend it with the existing concrete patio but it doesn't. It still looks pretty neat though. I also added a flower bed along the side to add some color. I planted some marigolds, mums, butterfly weeds and a Rose-of-Sharon shrub.


Lovely butterfly weeds. Hopefully, we'll see some butterflies in the spring.





Beautiful mums!

2 comments:

  1. Lookd great! Now you will have to get a fire pit! Have you thought about staining with acid your concret patio to make ot blend it. You can look as several neighborhoods that have their porches or entry way done. You could pick out a similar color patter, but concret is an animal all of its on. You really don't know what you will get as acid reacts to it differently based on composite. I love the look and it would soften the transition. Think about it....I thought about doing my porch....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could start a landscaping business. Great job. Wish I had a place here that would give out free bricks. Too bad you don't live closer then you could help me when I need to redo my landscape.

    ReplyDelete