Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Garden Update

I'm playing catch up so the pictures are not exactly in order but close enough. As you can, some of these pictures were taken in our old garden spot. Can you see all the weeds? I thought it would be fun for the girls to see the progression of the plants.



Sunflowers- After 2 years of trying to grow sunflowers, we finally got 3 to come up. The girls were so excited.







Watermelon- We had 3 hills of watermelon but only 1 came up but that's good enough for us.






The lemongrass that my mom planted. It goes great on grilled chicken. Yum!








Radishes- So easy and fast to grow. I'm the only one in the family that will
eat them but the girls enjoy planting and harvesting it.











Thai Chili Peppers- We have about 6 of these plants because we love them! I don't remember the last time we bought peppers from the store. We freeze it and use it in our Lao cooking.









Zucchinis- Baby zucchini coming in nicely for now.








Squash- Growing rapidly, considering that I had to plant it twice because Jimmy pulled them out. He thought they were weeds.







Asian Long Beans- Good in soups and salads. Have always had good luck with these although they will take over the garden if you let them.






Cucumbers- My favorite vegetable of all time. I remember sneaking into my parents garden and eating baby cucumbers before it was ready to be picked. I like the "baby dill" cucumbers better than the large ones at the grocery store. It taste so much better.




Lettuce/Spinach- I tried spinach for the first time this year. It turned out nice but the harvest was meek. Lettuce however are growing really well.

1 comment:

  1. I love your garden. We've always wanted to do one, but it required too much work for us with our young children. Happy reaping what you sow.

    ReplyDelete